Manuel Mall wrote:

There is no need to expose creation of the Space/Word areas directly to TextLayoutManager either. TextArea could easily expose an addWord and an addSpace method instead of the monolithic setText. In the end it probably boils down to me arguing that the setText logic currently in TextArea IMO should be in TextLayoutManager (and probably based on its data structures) because it is an operation closely coupled to layout and not to areas.

Ok.

BTW, it would also be really nice to have test cases for this new feature even if just expanding existing test cases to test for the new areas created. It would make catching regressions down the track much easier.

Ok, I'll try and find some time to do this too.

Regards
    Luca