> On Nov 13, 2005, at 18:00, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
>
> > On Nov 13, 2005, at 17:36, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >
> > <snip />
> >> The other question is:
> >> What's the "box"? The containing area?
> >
> > Yep. I think this is answered in the definition of absolute-
> > position="absolute":
> >
> > First, for the value of "absolute"
> > "The area's position (and possibly size) is specified with the
> > 'left', 'right', 'top', and 'bottom' properties. These properties
> > specify offsets with respect to the area's containing area."
>
> In XSL-FO 1.1, the wording is slightly different BTW:
> "These properties specify offsets with respect to the area's nearest
> ancestor reference area."
>
> Does this make it simpler or more difficult? Wouldn't this mean that
> I wasn't confused at all?

And me, neither. My checks wouldn't be so wrong. But it means that the
spec changed in a backwards-incompatible way. And we will have to change
the meaning/implementation of the "top" property. Right now it offsets
the b-c relative to the top of the containing box, AFAICS. Well, I'll
leave this for after the release. Thanks for digging into the 1.1 draft!