On 21.12.2005 14:50:58 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:03:59AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Yes, digging up the right system properties is a nuisance, but you only
> > have to do it once. Have a look at the attached screen shots that show
> > how I set up the launch config for running the FOP test suite. You can
> > see that I simply add an "x" somewhere to effectively disable the
> > setting for a system property. Like this I'm can change the parameters to
> > the test suite very quickly. Maybe that helps make things easier.
>
> Thanks. The "x" is a nice trick.
>
> It would be good to have a document describing the system properties
> of the test suites. If you do not do it, I will write one.

I've started documentation about the layout engine test suite here:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowToCreateLayoutEngineTests

I'm going to add some notes about the various system properties in a few
minutes.

> I see you have a project 'FOP Temp', which probably is a copy of
> project FOP. I have a problem making a copy of a project, when I make
> a copy of the working directory for a specific task. Esp. one has to
> duplicate the lauch configurations. I solve it by reusing the same
> symlink on Unix. Is there an easier way to work with a changing set of
> copies of the working directory?

Well, being on Windows I don't have symlinks. I simply check out from
the same SVN URL again and switch the project dependency in my project
with my custom FOP test code from one FOP checkout to the other. Not
ideal but not a big deal for me.