Gosselin, Michael wrote:

Hello,

We have installed FOP on our HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885)
operating system.  We've done this so I can develop a java program to print
a PDF (or other similarly rendered file) to a printer.

The documentation for fop -print help is, well, limited.  There seems to be
some setup we need to do in order to get this working.

Has anyone been able to create a PDF file using FOP, and then print it to a
printer?

Please note that the -print option from FOP's command line is not equivalent to printing a PDF. It invokes the AWT Renderer, which uses AWT's font metrics and layout to place text. AWT's Renderer has a lot of differences from the appearance of a rendered PDF.

BTW, this question would probably be better suited to the fop-users list.

Chris