I reduced the stuff in README.html to the absolute minimum and made it
explicitely version-agnostic, so we have less redundancy and a smaller
chance that we forget to update some information when we do a release.
Doing a release is already a LOT of work (around one full day for one
person) and I don't want to add to that if possible. I only included the
versions in HEADER.html because that's the first thing you see if you go
to the download page. So, no, please don't add anything to these pages,
unless you want to help doing releases from now on.

On 03.02.2006 05:37:04 Clay Leeds wrote:
> Thanks for the update, Jeremias!, BTW, there are a bunch of links on
> the bottom:
>
> News - Release Notes - Changes - Known Issues - FAQ
>
> Does it make sense to include separate links in the FOOTER/README for
> 0.20.5 & 0.91 beta?
>
> e.g.:
>
> =======
> Latest Stable Release (0.20.5):
> News - Release Notes - Changes - Known Issues - FAQ
>
> Latest Release (0.91beta):
> News - Release Notes - Changes - Known Issues - FAQ
> =======
>
> ...w appropriate links to each section:
> fop-0.20.5 => http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/*
> fop-0.91beta => http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.91beta/*
>
> (I'd have done it myself, but I'm not sure if it should really be:
> fop-0.91beta => http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/*)

<snip/>