Jeremias Maerki wrote:

FOP should also stop to complain about certain foreign elements. The
complaints are fine as a debugging aid, for example if someone makes a
mistake with the namespace URI or the name of an element in a particular
namespace. Here's where I got the idea that we could provide for a list
of namespace URIs which are simply silently ignored (instead of having
to write a FOP extension for each namespace). If someone has a reference
to a namespace URI in his documents that FOP doesn't know about he could
add that namespace URI to that list and FOP will fall silent over it.
The same list could be used for handling foreign attributes. This way
you still get important feedback if you've done anything wrong, but can
tell FOP to shut up where necessary.

WDYT?

Good idea, I like the idea of the ignore-namespace list.

Chris