----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: Re: RTF - list-item-label encoding (was: RTF and table/column widths
(moved from fop-users))
Gesendet: Mi 01 Mär 2006 19:22:24 CET
Von: "Andreas L Delmelle"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Mar 1, 2006, at 08:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > You changed the Writer.write to StringBuffer operations. I'd say
> > that appending to a StringBuffer is much slower than writing
> > directly to a BufferedOutputStream.
>
> Really? Well, I have to admit, this was a late-night idea :-/
And I didn't read the TechTips for a long time:

http://java.sun.com/developer/TechTips/1998/tt0120.html

So String vs. StringBuffer is 1:1/6 (StringBuffer.append is six times faster or
needs only a sixth than concatenating Strings). And StringBuffer.append->Writer
vs. String->BufferedWriter is not mentioned that explicitly anywhere, but if
both are StringBuffer-techniques, this is only two times slower. As said
before, RTF is quite fast, no layout managing, that sort of thing. So not that
bad at all...

> Maybe we could make sure the Writer is wrapped into a BufferedWriter
> when creating it in RTFHandler, just to streamline a bit.
I'll have a look at this. (I was quite busy with other stuff, but today I'll
finish some FOP tasks)

"Jetzt Handykosten senken mit klarmobil - 14 Ct./Min.! Hier klicken"
www.klarmobil.de/index.html?pid=73025