On Apr 7, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
Clay Leeds wrote:
On Apr 6, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Peter S. Housel wrote:
WDYT?
From my perspective as a user, I think it's essential to fix the problem with preserving whitespace after a newline (for <pre>- style output) before doing another release.

-Peter-
If it's resolved, then I'd give my +1 to a PMC VOTE. If not, then can it be resolved quickly? If not, then I'd say '+1'.

This problem cannot be resolved quickly. It requires an adjustment to the Knuth algorithm used for generating Break Possibilities. Simon P has a proposal to change the Knuth algorithm that addresses this problem, but it will take some time to implement.

From my perspective (as a User), this problem is not high on the list of priorities. Mainly because my stylesheets don't allow the user to preserve whitespace in incoming data. This is considering poor formatting. Instead the XML should be restructed to allow formatting attributes to be applied to text to yield the desired result.

Chris

I understand. As long as it will be resolved by v1.0, then IMO we are good to go. +1

Clay Leeds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet