A couple of questions. Is there currently any way to get the svn
revision number of a given fop or commons jar? This presumes that a
given jar has been built from a single revision, of course.

Tags seem to work differently in svn. It seem possible to create a
tag/branch from components of many revisions and branches. Committing
that tag creates a new revision that includes the tag, AFAICT. If that
is the case, how do I tell that a particular build occurred against a
given tag or branch, as opposed to the trunk?

There seems to be no compact way, given a working directory set, whether
that set is a reflection of a single revision. status -v appears to give
me current revision number and last change revision number of every
file. Is there a 'give me the revision number of this tree, if it is
consistent' command?

Peter