On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 10:32:30AM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hmm, XML Schema might not be a suitable enough means to map our
> configuration schema. I've just tried to make my main debug config file
> validate with your schema. I've had to extend it a bit but still ended
> up having a validation error I did not quite understand. It kept asking
> for the "fonts" or "xml-handler" elements although they are both
> optional. I've never done much XML Schema and never liked it much. I
> don't know much about RelaxNG either, but I repeatedly hear that it's
> more flexible. I know that you can define several variants of the same
> element by chosing the type using an attribute (renderer with mime
> attribute). I don't know if that can be done in XML Schema. Shrug.

I think XML Schema is the usual schema language for this sort of
files. I would have been happy to use Relax-NG, but it is less
popular, and the number of validators is smaller. In fact, Relax-NG
allows one to express that filterList is only valid with the mime
attribute value "application/pdf", etc.

In my version fonts is optional. xml-handler does not occur. What does
your config file contain?

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping