A line-area is a "special" sort of block-area (4.5, 1st sentence), it
does not have any border and padding. Furthermore, 4.4 defines the
behaviour of block-areas and makes special comments that many of those
feature don't apply to block-areas which are line-areas (for example for
start/end-indent).

So, I'm not sure where you got your "2*start-indent" from, but I think
you may not involve start/end-indent with line-areas. AFAIU, line-areas
all extend to the edges of the parent content-rectangle in
inline-progress-direction (i.e. start and end) if there's no instrusion.

Does that help?