On 14.11.2006 09:35:50 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> >> Umm, couldn't this wait until after the 0.93 release? Well, that's
> >> a question, not a veto. If you think it's a good idea, go ahead.
> >
> > It sure could. I just thought I'd clean it up for the release. But I
> > wouldn't mind leaving it in for another round. Other opinions?
>
> No opinion from me, so go ahead if you want.
>
> Speaking of that 0.93 release, it's perhaps time to actually doing it?

We're already past that time. :-(

> If I'm correct Commons should be released first. Are there things left
> to do before?

Yes. Commons is ready for a release. We'll need a vote and some final
work: http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/Commons/ReleaseChecklist
This is to be conducted on [EMAIL PROTECTED] After the
Commons release the FOP release can happen.

I would also encourage everyone to read through some new documentation
on http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html which has been put up there
recently. Maybe there are one or two things that we need to update.

> We could decide to allocate one saturday to perform all the necessary
> stuff. I can help, of course.
>
> WDYT?
> Vincent

A volunteer! <fx what="rubbing my hands"/> :-)

It's usually not very efficient if a bunch of people waste a whole day
just spending most of the time waiting for some big files to be uploaded.
It's good enough when you have a timeframe and people taking on some of
the points on the checklist and finally testing the release package
before it is finally published.

There's also the issue that we should probably adjust our way of
releasing. Some ASF members strongly believe that the release vote
should actually happen on an actual set of files built from a tag. We
did it differently before. That also means someone can just go ahead tag
and finish the release, upload it to his personal directory on
people.apache.org and when the vote is good the files can be published
to the mirrors.