Manuel Mall wrote:
I was just looking at some inline handling stuff and came across the inheritance behaviour of the text-decoration property.

IIRC one of the problems is merging the various decoration values:
 <fo:wrapper text-decoration="underline">text1
  <fo:wrapper text-decoration="overline">text2
  </fo:wrapper>
 </fo:wrapper>
I'd say "text 2" should be both underlined and overlined. I
text-decoration were inherited, the decoration of the inner
wrapper would already override underlining.
In order to turn off underlining, one should use
 <fo:wrapper text-decoration="underline">text1
  <fo:wrapper text-decoration="overline no-underline">text2
  </fo:wrapper>
 </fo:wrapper>

J.Pietschmann