Interesting. You asked the same question exactly a year ago:
http://www.nabble.com/block-container-compliance-tf920857.html

Looks like I/we never did something about it. I'd still give the same
answer. What would need to be done is to understand the changes in the
spec from 1.0 to 1.1 concerning absolute positioning and area generation.
Then this has to be expressed with testcases as the basis of updating
the implementation. For the usual use-cases however, the current
implementation is fine IMO.