Andreas L Delmelle writes:
 > log is a protected static, so if the class resides in the same
 > package, then you can use direct member access. Currently, in some
 > places, the properties seem to be routing the message to the FO's
 > logger, instead of using Property.log directly...

Or even worse - keeeping a reference to the FObj in question as a
member for the sole purpose of being able to call the getLogger()
method later on  - see LengthBase for example.

 > Well, who knows, maybe today's JVMs do inline instance methods if
 > called by the instance itself. ;-)

Listening to what Neal Gafter had to say at Javapolis, the current
JVMs are doing a lot of clever optimizations. I'd expect something
as trivial as this to be covered in a lot of cases - but it's still
stupid design.

 > Don't worry, already cleaning up.

OK. When your changes are submitted and checked in, I'll update my
tree and submit a new patch for the properties fixes. The TXTHandler
looks to have been pretty badly broken by my fixes but everything
else should remain fine,

Regards,

Richard