On Mar 10, 2007, at 21:16, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Mar 10, 2007, at 21:14, Peter B. West wrote:

<snip />
Novel idea.

Yeah, I did seem to remember this coming up earlier...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=105728457029132&w=2

Re-reading this thread, I even realize now that it may just have been that discussion that drove me to disliking the idea of generated source files in the first place. Yes, it was in fact /your/ idea, Peter. :)

Later on, I encountered other scenarios where generated source files were being used, and the only thing in particular that comes to mind about them, is that they were driving the devs who had to work with them crazy like hell... Changing a column in the master database with a nightly script would leave them with altered method signatures for some of the referenced classes the next morning they came in.

Cheers,