On Tuesday 13 March 2007 23:11, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> Manuel Mall a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 13 March 2007 17:50, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
<snip/>
> > What concerns me more ATM is the question if we actually deal with
> > the font metrics, baselines, alignment correctly. The metrics of
> > the Base14 Symbol font have the Ascender/Descender actually
> > exceeding the fonts EM box (Ascender + Descender > 1000). This
> > causes the growth in line height for lines containing Symbol font
> > inlines. Is this the right thing to do? Or should we cap the line
> > height at the EM box height and larger characters just protrude.
> > Not sure if the spec actually deals with that. Would need to dig
> > into this again. Growl....
>
> ... IIUC that's the purpose of the line-stacking-strategy. I've never
> had enough energy to try and grasp every detail of this part of the
> spec, but I'd say that in the case of "font-height" the line height
> would depend on the font's em box and thus larger characters would
> protrude, and in the case of "max-height" they would not.

Silly me, overcomplicated the situation. You are spot on Vincent and it
actually works. Writing
          <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
            <fo:block line-stacking-strategy="font-height"><fo:inline
font-family="Symbol">&#x2022;</fo:inline></fo:block>
          </fo:list-item-label>
actually positions the bullet just fine.

> WDYT?
> Vincent

Thanks for that

Manuel