On Jul 14, 2007, at 13:27, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

J.Pietschmann a écrit :
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Yes, inheritDoc would be the right way, as long as we're on Java 1.4.2 and later (feature not available in 1.3, severly buggy in 1.4.0/1.4.1. I
would have switched a long time ago if we weren't still on 1.3.

I think of JavaDoc as a sort of compile time feature. I don't think
there's still a reason to generate the JavaDocs with a JDK version
older than 1.5. It's the byte code which should run in an 1.3
environment, not the HTML'd docs.

+1000. If nobody objects, from now on, I'll systematically replace such
comments with @inheritDoc whenever I have the opportunity.
Perhaps even a small script...

A script would not even be needed. An editor like jEdit will let you S&R every @see with an @inheritDoc for all .java files in the src/ java/org/apache/fop directory and subdirectories...

Tested locally, and is OK here. If you'd like, I can run a sanity diff later tonight, and commit the changes sometime tomorrow.

Cheers