Jeremias Maerki wrote:

On Jul 18, 2007, at 17:44, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Manuel

<snip />
This proposed patch seems to cause a side-effect I would like a
clarification on. The following fo snippet

<fo:block keep-together="always">some long text</fo:block>

used to have the effect of keeping "some long text" on a single page.

After my patch it would also keep "some long text" on a single line!

keep-together is an inherited property and it seems
        keep-together="always"
is just a shorthand for
        keep-together.within-page="always"
        keep-together.within-line="always"
        keep-together.within-column="always"

That is how I would interpret it.

Me too. It is also how other popular commercial renderers work, so I'm +1000 for this change!

I'm impressed that you have implemented keep-together.within-line so easily. Thanks Manuel!

Chris