Hi Max,

Some general comments. Basically I agree with Andreas and think this
would be a good addition.

Your idea of using manifest.xml looks fine. A quick Google search didn't
give me any result regarding a standard way of bundling fonts with Java
apps. It looks like you did also search for that before going with the
manifest.xml approach. Can you just confirm? We wouldn't like to miss
any pure Java standard way.

Doing the job in XML Graphics Commons would be good, as the font library
should ultimately rely there. But I'm not sure if this will be easy to
do without moving the whole font stuff now. If that causes you any
problem stay in the FOP codebase.

Thanks for your proposal!
Vincent