On Oct 26, 2007, at 19:35, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Oct 26, 2007, at 19:25, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

in layoutmgr.table.ColumnSetup an error message is thrown if there are gaps between columns. There is also some code in the TableFObj tree to
deal with column gaps. But AFAIU there’s nothing in the spec stating
that fo:table-columns should be consecutive.

Indeed not. You could number your columns 100, 200, 300...
IIRC, they don't even have to be defined in ascending order, and neither do the table-cells.

So, if you'd like, you could define a three column table:

<fo:table ...>
  <fo:table-column column-number="10" .../>
  <fo:table-column column-number="5" .../>
  <fo:table-column column-number="1" .../>

It just occurred to me that I wouldn't really know the 'expected' result in this case... :-)

I don't believe --could be wrong-- that FOP currently makes any attempt to re-order the columns, so column-number 10 will be rendered as the first column?

Cheers