On Oct 27, 2007, at 09:25, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Hi

Just would like to add a small one:

when applying patches from someone else I consider it important to list
the contributor in a consistent way. From the CVS times, there's the
following pattern from a commit template:
Submitted by: Name <email>

If everyone uses this template, it is possible to go through all commit
messages and identify who contributed what to a software package.
There's also a legal aspect to that. So I ask you and everone on the
team to always use this pattern when applying patches.

I also try to make it a policy to update status.xml with every patch or if the change is far from trivial. That way, when the website is re-published, the patch/change becomes visible to the outside world.

Apart from that, I second what Jeremias already said:

Thanks (especially for going through unprocessed patches in the first
place),

Cheers