Jeremias,

on the message consumer side it would be nice if message handlers could
throw exceptions - this would allow "strict" handlers to immediately
cancel processing of a fo file, a more lenient handlers could just emit
warnings (similar to sax handlers), and a batch system could ignore it.

However, this would require every function which uses logging to throw a
common exception (FopFeedbackException, or something like that).

Max