I'm sure .NET lets you capture the output on stdout/stderr. Just search
the net for "capture stdout" together with the name of your preferred
programming language. I saw many examples.

An alternative is to write a config file for java.util.logging that
redirects log output to a file. You can then load the text file.
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupJDK14Logging

The most advanced/complicated alternative is probably to compile FOP for
.NET under IKVM and directly interface with FOP through .NET code. Not
an easy task, though.