Thanks for the help.

Your second suggestion might be the better way for me. Following your Wiki,
I have a newbie question.

I created a congif file :
# Error log - FOP Config File
# Set and change Default logging for FOP
handlers= java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

.level= INFO

# Well, the following line actually dances a little out of line :-(
FOP.level = INFO

# This sets all FOP logging to INFO. Only rendering information is logged on
the FINE level.
org.apache.fop.level = INFO
org.apache.fop.render.level = FINE
# End of Custom

Then I added this line to my Fop.bat file:

set LOGCHOICE=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:/fop-0.94/lib/error.config

Is this correct and what is the name of the output file and where is it
being output to?