Jason, would you mind attaching your patch to a new Bugzilla issue [1]?
This is to establish that you agree to republish your changes under the
ALv2.0, especially since the location of the current patch generally
contains code published under the GPL. Explicitely stating this in the
Bugzilla issue would be a nice bonus.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

I will then take a closer look at your patch. However, I'd prefer not to
add the Panose class taken from FOray unless Victor explicitely donates
it to the FOP project like he did for other code on prior occasions. I
don't like to mix external source classes with our own if it can be
avoided. Without integrating the Panose functionality with our font
substitution code, it has little use for us anyway.

Furthermore, would you please:
- remove the generics from the patch before uploading the patch file as
we're still on Java 1.4?
- make sure you follow all the sections (especially section 4,
redistribution) of the ALv2 when you get to a point where you do
releases of docx4j?

Thanks.