On May 7, 2008, at 22:00, Simon Pepping wrote:

<snip />
The new PositiveIntegerMaker always returns a property with value of 1 if the specified value is negative or zero. Now, for column-number, it used to be so that those values were replaced by the next free column- number. After the change, we get overlap errors in the fotree testsuite because
of this.

That is right, PositiveIntegerMaker does not look for the next free
column-number. I would have minded that better if there would have
been junit test errors. But there are none:

junit-fotree:
     [echo] Running fo tree tests
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.fop.fotreetest.FOTreeTestSuite
[junit] Tests run: 57, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2.232 sec
    [junit]

Oh wait, when you tell me that there are errors, I can find them too, e.g.:

    [junit] ------------- Standard Output ---------------
    [junit] Test: column-number_non-integer.fo
    [junit]   [FATAL] fo:table overlaps in column 2.
[junit] [ERROR] Invalid property value encountered in column- number="-1": org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: fo:table overlaps in column 2. (See position 34:64)

But why does this not result in a positive error count?

Now that you mention it... Looks like a condition that the current test code does not account for. On FOP's side, if property parsing for the parent fails, then the extension AssertElement that tests for the property value will never even be processed.

I was looking to make a few adjustments in the test-package anyway, so I'll check and try to fix this too.

Cheers