On May 11, 2008, at 15:06, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
<snip />
To my knowledge an object is always created in the heap, never on the
stack. The PropertyCache is efficient not because it avoids to move
instances to the heap, but because references to newly created instances
are immediately released, which makes them immediate candidates for
garbage collection; instead of having numerous physically different
instances in memory, all of them being logically equivalent.
Does that make sense?

Right! I'm confusing the stack with the heap space reserved for the young, short-lived objects... I'll correct in a moment.

Thanks for the review!

Cheers