Hi Max

<snip />
>Not at all. I am still working my way through the Layout code, trying
>to get the alignmentContext to work, so any reduction / simplification
>in this respect would only make it easier.

OK, thanks for the feedback.

>As for the implementation of the interface: If the "subSequence" is
>never used, then it is probably a good idea to implement if by
>throwing an "UnsupportedOperationException", as this operation seems
>very complex and there'd be no point implementing it unless it is used.

Actually, the direction I'm going with this is to make FOText a proxy to its
CharBuffer, so all the methods' implementations (including subSequence()) would
not be overly complicated (just delegate it to the CharBuffer, which also
happens to be a CharSequence). OTOH, there does indeed not seem to be any
immediate use for it further downstream... I'll see.

Thanks again!

Cheers