Chris Bowditch wrote:

<snip/>

I understand that is what happens behind the scenes, but IMO it is meaningless to the average user. I think it makes sense to change the message to:

"table too wide for available page width"

or similar. Then the user knows what they have to adjust in their FO.

Rather than just moaning about a poor message I decided to fix it. I've made a change locally, but I'm not 100% certain about the exact wording. I've currently got:

{elementName} {{locator}} overflows available space in inline-progression-dimension

I'm not 100% certain if this message always applies to IPD. I would appreciate it if one of the other devs could confirm?

Thanks,

Chris