Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip/>

How about:
An fo:table is wider than the available room in
inline-progression-dimension. Adjusting end-indent based on
overconstrained geometry rules (XSL 1.1, ch. 5.3.4)

I'd like to have the hint about overconstrained geometry in there
because this condition is not strictly an overflow. It's just a
conflict of values which is resolved based on rules in the spec. It's
also just a warning, not an error.

Agreed. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not 100% certain if this message always applies to IPD. I would appreciate it if one of the other devs could confirm?

It's always about IPD, yes.

New english message now committed. No idea what the german version should be though :)

Thanks,

Chris