On Aug 21, 2008, at 18:20, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Hi Jeremias

I've been made aware of a slow memory leak. I was able to identify
PropertyCache as the leaker. It appears as if the cache segments don't
get cleaned correctly. The majority of CacheEntry instances have a
cleared reference but don't get removed from the buckets. In time that
accumulates to millions of stale CacheEntries and a performance
degradation.

Ouch!
Did you happen to run the test on multiple platforms/JVMs? Are the results the same? I'll see if I can debug it on OS X tonight, to have a closer look at what happens during cleanSegment() (and whether it gets called at all)

I'll post back once I have done this.

Later,