Hi all,

in fop documentation site there are at least two page that talk about memory caching on disk for page that contains unresolved forward references: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/design/layout.html#issue-area-recycle and http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/design/ areas.html#caching . I was thinking that this was just a nice idea not implemented yet: my tests with hundreds of single page page-sequences was often ending in OutOfMemory due to the "Page X of Y" block in the footer. But looking at the code in FOP trunk I found the class CachedRenderPagesModel that seems to do that caching; unfortunately this class is never instantiated. Was this class intended for unresolved forward reference issue? What is missing for having this kind of caching working? Is someone working on it?

Thanks in advances
Dario