Back in 2003, the RTF library was moved from org.apache.fop.rtf under
org.apache.fop.render.rtf [1], and now the AFP library is moved in
exactly the opposite direction. Yes, there's the PDF library under
org.apache.fop.pdf. But it's destined to move out to XG Commons because
Batik needs a cleaner access path to it (I know, I know, that one's
still on my task list). I'm not vetoing this change but I would think
things like that warrant checking back with the rest of the committers
to see what they think before doing something like that. I believe we
would want to follow a certain strategy on such things. FWIW, I
currently don't see a necessity or benefit for this change at the moment.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?limit_changes=0&view=rev&revision=196981

On 27.10.2008 13:11:38 acumiskey wrote:
> Author: acumiskey
> Date: Mon Oct 27 04:11:31 2008
> New Revision: 708134

> Log:
> All AFP library classes without Renderer dependencies moved from
> org.apache.fop.renderer.afp.* to org.apache.fop.afp.*.
> AbstractNamedAFPObject now truncates names to the last x characters of the
> name string instead of the first x (where x is the name length of the
> structured field).
> Removed redundant package org.apache.fop.store.
<snip/>