Il giorno 28/ott/08, alle ore 18:00, Andreas Delmelle ha scritto:

Have you investigated whether the column-balancing approach is of influence here? I mean: are there significant differences between using one narrower column (the same width you would get when using two columns, only it will roughly yield double the amount of pages).

A quick test haven't raised any difference except the fact that 2 columns used slightly less memory, but I think it's not related to breaking as the number of active nodes is the same.