Looks like there won't be any more voices. The majority seems to favor a
1.0 release. That's fine by me as long as we can break the 0.x curse.
I'm surprised and grateful that we can finally move forward
version-number-wise.

I think we'll need to announce that release (codename "Curse Breaker" ;-))
carefully so people don't suddenly assume we have a 100% implementation
of XSL 1.0 or something. I think it'll make sense to work with the PRC
to do this right. After all, this particular release will create its
ripples even if on a technical level the jump isn't that big.

So my proposal would be to work towards a beta release early next year.
By then the AFP and newIF branches should be merged with trunk.
Hopefully it shouldn't take us another half year to release the final
1.0 after the beta. The previous beta-phase was really much too long.