Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2009, at 13:42, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
> Hi Ulrich
>
>> Ulrich Mayring wrote:

>>> Ok thanks, the build works now. Maybe the SetupGuide could be updated to
>>> mention that this has to be done before the first ant build.
>>
>> Duh... strange. At first the build worked, but now it doesn't, there
>> is a package org.apache.tools.ant missing.
>
> When do you get this message exactly? FOP depends on Ant for the anttask
> (org.apache.fop.tools.*), and this is one dependency that we do not
> include in the distribution. So you'll have to make sure that ant.jar is
> somewhere in the classpath that is used when compiling the FOP sources.
> You could set the 'optional.lib.dirs' property in
> $FOP_HOME$/build.properties to include the path to ant.jar on your machine.
>

> HTH!
>
> Cheers
>
> Andreas

It might be a good idea to set svn:ignore properties on ant.jar and the
offo jars in lib. Then you could tell interested parties to drop those
jars into lib as part of the preparation for building, and it's unlikely
that the jars will come back t haunt you.

Peter

--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/folio.html>