Jeremias,

Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> I've written a short report on the performance of the new Intermediate
> Format. The numbers show that the goals have been met. It's also
> interesting to look at from a general perspective. I'm sure there could
> be a lot more that I could have written and shown but at some point I
> had to warp it up. I hope I didn't leave out anything crucial.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/fop/benchmark-2009-02-13/

Looks really nice. Finally some numbers on FOPs performance, the tests
you did seem to make sense. Thank you for this work! I think this should
be merged as soon as possible.

> My next step is to try to meet Vincent's high coding standards (although
> that's probably a lost cause for me) and then to get the approval for
> the merge into trunk.

I've just committed the following changes:
- Fixed PMD to report only basic issues and important security issues.
run "ant pmd" to get this report. This is something I'll look into
changing in fop trunk after the merge.
- added the PMD/CPD (Copy'n'paste detection) report, run "ant cpd" to
generate it. Anything reported here should definitely be refactored.
Again, I'll look into some of these things after your merge.

PMD requires JDK 1.5 (only needed for report, and not for normal build
or use, hope this is ok)

Hotspot does pretty well on inlining static functions, duplicate code
could therefore go into static functions in utility classes if they
would not make sense in the class hierachy.

> Have a good weekend,
> Jeremias Maerki

hth

Max

--
http://max.berger.name/
OpenPGP ID: C93C5700 Fpr: AB6638CE472A499B3959 ADA2F989A2E5C93C5700