Hi *,

I just want to throw in a different idea (you may ignore it if you like):

How about specifing the grammer and using a tool such as JavaCC to
generate the actual parser? This way you could focus more complete
grammer and have to spend less time writing the parser.

JavaCC is BSD license, so we could easily integrate it in the fop build.

Max