On 22.10.2009 19:36:14 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Log:
> > Issue an error when attempting to render an intermediate XML file in
> > accessibility mode, but that file wasn't generated with accessibility
> > (i.e., does not contain the structure tree)
> >
> > Added:
> >
> > xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Accessibility/src/java/org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityEventProducer.java
> >    (with props)
> >
> > xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Accessibility/src/java/org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityEventProducer.xml
> >    (with props)
>
> After creating the AccessibilityEventProducer.xml file and running ‘ant
> resourcegen’ I discovered that an empty message had been added to
> src/java/org/apache/fop/events/EventFormatter.xml. Why?

Because the new files wasn't reflected in the build. All events not
specifically directed into a special file go into the catch-all file in
the events package. I've updated the build accordingly:

> Also, after re-building FOP I regularly find myself with modified
> *EventProducer.xml files, where the sole modification is an
> added/removed line break. This is annoying. How can that be avoided?

These are small differences in behaviour of XML serializers. I guess if
that is so annoying, we'd have to make sure we always use the same
serializer (make & version) somehow. We could also experiment with
removing the XML declaration [1] at the beginning of the file. That
might get rid of the problem but that's not for sure. I've stumbled over
this myself a number of times but found it to be only a minor nuisance
which is why I didn't do anything about it.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/OutputKeys.html#OMIT_XML_DECLARATION