Venkat,

you can easily answer your own questions: You're interested in PDF
output so you start in org.apache.fop.render.pdf, i.e. in the
neighborhood of the PDF Renderer. You look around and see classes like
ImageRenderedAdapter or ImageRawJPEGAdapter in that package. Smells a
lot like image handling. There's also PDFImageHandler* but they will
point you back to Image*Adapter in the end. So it seems there are three
classes of images handled here: JPEG, CCITT and Rendered. Rendered means
RenderedImage, i.e. a decoded bitmap image. JPEG and CCITT are about
undecoded image data. Both JPEG and RenderedImage allow CMYK images, so
you'll have to look at both. Going into ImageRenderedAdapter, you once
again encounter ImageEncodingHelper from XML Graphics Commons.

Last step is setting up your Java debugger, set a breakpoint in there
and you're in the middle of it.