Hi,

> Author: jeremias
> Date: Thu May 20 09:52:27 2010
> New Revision: 946585

> Log:
> Changed many variables and parameters from "int" to "char" because AFP font
> support mostly uses Unicode code points unlike Type 1 and TrueType support
> which use internal character code points (the result of Font.mapChar()). This
> should improve code readability.

Not sure this is a desirable change. char can only address characters
from the Basic Multilingual Plane. Java 1.5 have started to use int to
overcome that issue actually. So unless there is a fundamental
limitation in AFP such that characters beyond the BMP will never be
usable, I think we want to stick to int.

<snip/>