Hi Jeremias,

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> hmmyes, that's tricky. An (atend) requires a corresponding comment in
> the end, but <resources> is defined to provide at least one item. An
> ugly work-around would be to always list "Helvetica" as needed resources
> and to generate a corresponding %%IncludeResource although it might
> never be used.

FWIW, when optimization mode is off, /all/ of the base 14 fonts are
%%IncludeResource:’d in the setup section of the document, whether they
are actually used or not; And they aren’t listed in
%%DocumentNeededResources:. I don’t know whether it’s another violation
of the DSC specification or not.

> At any rate, this happens only with the resource optimization disabled.
> I think I'd add the missing (atend) but omit the trailer comment (when
> there are no needed resources) in the hope that any consumer can deal
> with it. We've never had any complaints about DSC comments that caused
> trouble AFAICR.

I guess using a document manager goes in pair with optimizing the
PostScript output anyway.

Thanks,