On 14.07.2010 10:24:08 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 09:03:53PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Simon,
> > thanks for helping out but that's exactly what Sally didn't want:
> > talking about this in the open especially with the "press release" in
> > the subject. Please keep this on private@ for now.
>
> Sorry for that. I put the short description of FOP to public
> discussion, and I believe that that is the right way to discuss how we
> wish to describe ourselves to the world.

That's the usual way, yes. Discussing a project description in public is
not bad, but please not with the "press release" in the subject. The
actual press release should be developed on private@ so we only publish
the final version on public lists.

It's just that some Apache projects have been misrepresented in the news
possibly because someone didn't have/gather the right information bits.
I wouldn't like to see bad press on FOP because we didn't make it very
clear what people can expect from the 1.0 release and why we made a 1.0
now.

I've already found a note on the net where someone says that 1.0 has
been released which is not the case.

<snip/>