Glenn Adams wrote:

Hi Glenn/Jeremias,

I've already implemented in my complex scripts work, so it will make it into trunk in due time. However, I think I'll leave the default setting as it is for the time being. Users can explicitly enable it via their config. We can take up the issue of whether to change the default at a future time.

I do not like the idea of changing the default value of Kerning from off to on. The reason being that users who decide to upgrade their FOP version will suddenly find the appearance of their documents changing. Better to let users who are unsatisfied with the default inter character spacing to go and enable kerning than force users to regression test every document to make sure the changes to appearance is acceptable.

Thanks,

Chris

G.