Like Warren Young (2008-01-03 13:51:00), I'd like to be able to suppress non-critical errors, such as: [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] Unknown enumerated value for property 'relative-align': baseline
[ERROR] Error in relative-align property value 'baseline': org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined

I thought that Jeremias Maerki's (2010-04-09 13:05:32) log4j solution may achieve the desired outcome:
        http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupLog4JLogging
but either I haven't implemented it properly or it doesn't quite do what I was hoping! (Using Mac OS X and fink's fop, I've added the classpath and -Dlog4j.configuration=/Users/me/fop/log4j.properties to my ~/.foprc)

It would be nice if fop came with a "-qq" parameter that suppressed "not implemented yet" errors, and perhaps a "-qqq" parameter that suppressed all other non-critical errors - I would be happy to submit a RFE in bugzilla if this is a supported concept?

Another possible approach would be to only report on each error once in quiet mode (although this would require keeping track of errors rather than simply suppressing them, it would reduce 100s of lines of output to a dozen or less)

thanks for your help!