Hi all

While reading over the pdf-image extension and fop code, I'm having a bit of an interesting time figuring out the difference between a few things and was hoping for a very brief pointer.

I'm not quite sure what differentiates org.apache.fop.render.RendererContext from org.apache.fop.render.RendererContext . The JavaDoc comments don't really differentiate them and they look quite similar.

This isn't helped by the fact that the pdf-image extension provides two image handlers - one implements PDFImageHandler and takes a RendererContext, while the other implements ImageHandler and takes a RenderingContext. They seem to do much the same thing.

Is this a case of old-backwards-compat-code meets new-code? If so, which should I target for future work?

*headscratch*

--
Craig Ringer