Haha, well the shortest answer I can give is "kinda".

SVG uses Batik, which in turn uses the AWT font classes. Long story
short, you have to install the font on the system as well as having it
in the fop.xconf. There are plenty of discussions on this on the
mailing lists for you to peruse at your leisure.

Mehdi