On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 22/11/12 17:08, Glenn Adams wrote:
> > What do you mean by "moved to build/gensrc"? There is no build/gensrc
> > directory in the FOP source tree.
> >
> > Are you suggesting it be regenerated at build time? If so, then that
> would
> > slow the build process unnecessarily since it requires downloading data
> > from the unicode web site. Further, there is no logical need to
> regenerate
> > it at build time any more than there is a need to rebuild
> > LineBreakUtils.java.
>
> Well, then maybe we can move it to a new src/generated directory or
> something like that? I think it would be safer to separate generated
> classes from the ones that are manually edited.

How about expanding the fileset definition below to make use of a
patternset definition that excludes the specific generated files?

   <checkstyle config="${checkstyle.config}" failonviolation="false">
      <classpath>
        <path refid="checkstyle-classpath"/>
        <pathelement location="${build.classes.dir}"/>
        <pathelement location="${build.sandbox-classes.dir}"/>
        <pathelement location="${build.codegen-classes.dir}"/>
      </classpath>
*      <fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes="**/*.java"/>*
      <formatter type="xml" toFile="${build.dir}/report_checkstyle.xml"/>
    </checkstyle>