On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Pascal Sancho <psancho....@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jira comes with
>  - a new field [Type] that didn't exist in Bugzilla, with following
> entries:
> " Bug", "New feature", "Improvement", "Wish", "Task", and "Test".
>  - the opportunity to create sub-tasks.
>
> I propose the following usage:
>
> "Bug": a bug report, and only that
>
> "New feature" and "Improvement":
>  - contributor patch (rather than add "[patch]" in summary),
>  - committer contribution
>
> "Wish": new feature request
>
> "Task": team process (like release).
>
> When a contributor proposes a patch to fix a bug, he should create a
> sub-task (type "Improvement") rather than change the summary and the
> type of the issue.
> So, bug discussion and patch comments will be in separate tasks.
>
> WDYT?

Personally I prefer bug discussion and patch comments to be in one issue.
This makes it easier (for me) to keep track of activity instead of having
to look in multiple places. If there is a legitimate need for a [Meta]
issue that covers multiple sub-issues/tasks, then that's ok, but should
include a [Meta] tag in its description, and then indicate it is blocked by
the sub-issues.